(tagged by Christina S)
Jobs I've held:
2. Social worker for People with Disabilities
3. Caregiver/day trainer for the Gonzales twins
4. Missionary in New Zealand
Places to go for a weekend getaway:
1. The Northwest
2. The Jersey Shore
3. Places we'd actually go? Park City, UT
Movies I can watch over and over:
1. Tommy Boy
2. Little Mermaid (oh wait, I'm just forced to watch that over and over and over by my two-year old!)
3. The Emperor's New Groove (you can ask the Gonzales twins how many times I subjected them to that movie...but they wouldn't tell you!)
4. Napoleon Dynamite
My Guilty Pleasures:
1. Dark Chocolate
2. Beef Jerkey
3. Shopping, shopping, shopping (I blame Christina for that one!)
Places I have lived:
1. Provo, UT
2. New Zealand
3. Kent, WA
4. Manteca, CA
5. Mustang, OK
6. Anchorage, AK
(let's be honest, though, I don't remember the last 2)
What were most likely the first things you thought of when you saw your significant other for the first time?
1. Whoa, he is way too cute for me!
2. Uh oh, he looks like a "cool guy", and he was a jock...probably not my type.
3. Is it obvious that I'm avoiding him? He is really cute! Why didn't I have an appropriate amount of time to primp this morning?!?
4. Uh oh, he knows I've been avoiding him, and now he's making fun of me. I should hit him with this pillow.
Places I have been on vacation:
1. New York & South Jersey
2. Colorado, Idaho, Yahatz OR (family reunions)
3. Oregon & Seattle
4. Northern California
1. Dark Chocolate
2. Red meat (like steak and beef jerky)
4. Cheddar cheese
If in a "jam" with your spouse, what tactics do you use to get out of the dog house?
1. Say "sorry" and talk it over
2. I'm a woman, what tactics do you think I use? (That means, no need to get out of the dog house if you never got in because I'm always right. Love you, honey!)
Websites I visit (Almost Daily):
3. It used to be the Utah real estate MLS, but not anymore!
Best first kisses landmarks:
1. The first kiss with Tyler on our first date
2. There are no others
Places I'd rather be right now:
1. In Hawaii with Tyler
2. The beach
3. Asleep in bed
4. Asleep in Hawaii (at the beach)
Now I get to pick 4 other blog buddies to do this!
2. Jenni Elyse
4. Christina B
Monday, July 30, 2007
(tagged by Christina S)
Sunday, July 29, 2007
Well, the fun that was New Jersey has ended for us, but it was a fabulous 2 week vacation (doesn't that make us sound like REAL adults--a 2 week vacation!?!). We spent time at the beach and boardwalk, as well as in Grammy and Pop's pool! Jack went on about 20 rides on the boardwalk and loved every second of it...well, he didn't enjoy it when he couldn't go on a ride or when he had to wait in line, or really any time that he wasn't trying out a new ride. He really just loved one thrill after another!
Sheridan was able to go on her first ride, the merry-go-round. The lights, the noise, the
motion...she was an instant convert to the boardwalk!
Jack and Tyler also enjoyed their time together in Grammy and Pop's pool. What's not to love?
Well, now we are back home in Provo. We managed to sell our house while we were gone (phew!) and will close on it this next week--but don't worry, we're not going anywhere until the end of August (we're renting our place back from the buyers until we close on our new house). We'll post some picts of the new place after we take possession, so keep checking back in!
On another good note, Tyler has the month off of school, so he'll be able to catch up on the 7th Harry Potter, sleep, and enjoy not doing homework! School starts again for him in September, as does BYU Football (which I'm also VERY excited about) and travel for work (I'm a lot less excited about that!).
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Well, we're currently enjoying our vacation in New Jersey, which is much more relaxing than the days leading up to the vacation!!! We left Tuesday, but found a house we wanted to buy the Thursday before. We put the offer in Friday and it was accepted on Saturday--which only left us Saturday and Monday to get our house ready to go on the market! Monday was the longest, most crazy day I've had since college. We packed to put a ton of things in storage, touched up paint, found out the paint didn't match and re-painted a room, cleaned, and tried to take care of our kids with love and patience. We got 3 hours of sleep Tuesday morning before we had to get to the airport and fly out here. I believe this has been the most relaxing vacation for us. We've been able to see the Statue of Liberty, go to New York City, and (our perennial favorite) hang out at the beach a TON! We'll be back to Provo on the 26th of July and try to wrap up all the housing stuff at that point. I have to say, having kids and selling a house, going away for 2 and a half weeks was a smart idea!
Thursday, July 12, 2007
Ah, we have joined the ranks of bloggers everywhere--it's amazing what a little peer pressure will do!
We are currently on vacation in New Jersey. Actually, Tyler has been working and the rest of us have been on vacation! We've been able to see the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, and we ventured into the city--not for the faint of heart! I can definitely see the advantages of public transportation or in a pair of really comfortable shoes when it comes to getting around New York City. I never knew that parking was such a luxury!