Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Well, we're currently enjoying our vacation in New Jersey, which is much more relaxing than the days leading up to the vacation!!! We left Tuesday, but found a house we wanted to buy the Thursday before. We put the offer in Friday and it was accepted on Saturday--which only left us Saturday and Monday to get our house ready to go on the market! Monday was the longest, most crazy day I've had since college. We packed to put a ton of things in storage, touched up paint, found out the paint didn't match and re-painted a room, cleaned, and tried to take care of our kids with love and patience. We got 3 hours of sleep Tuesday morning before we had to get to the airport and fly out here. I believe this has been the most relaxing vacation for us. We've been able to see the Statue of Liberty, go to New York City, and (our perennial favorite) hang out at the beach a TON! We'll be back to Provo on the 26th of July and try to wrap up all the housing stuff at that point. I have to say, having kids and selling a house, going away for 2 and a half weeks was a smart idea!

9 comments:

Barb Bird said...

Vigues' House of Happiness: Yes, going into NYC isn't for the faint of heart, especially if you take a taxi!

I already miss your little ones (and their parents, as well! :)). It will be nice to see and hear how you are doing. I hope you can post pictures of your new home when you get a chance.

Love,
Barb

Barb Bird said...

Yes, going into NYC isn't for the faint of heart, especially if you take a cab!

I am glad you are doing a blog; now I can see how Sheridan and Jack are changing even before our next family reunion! I already miss them (and, of course, their parents! :)).

Maybe I'll have Rachel show me how to start a blog for our family.

I hope you can post a picture of your new home. I always loved moving -- it always signaled a new start even in some small way.

Christina said...

Yeah, we are so happy you started a blog. We miss you guys so much, hopefully we will be able to see you soon. I can't believe how big Baby Sheridan is getting. She's so cute. Give our little Jack a kiss from us, and congrats on the new house, we call dibs on a bedroom! Love ya, peace out.

Anonymous said...

Good job, Ali. Now I might see more of your family; and learn about them, too.

Christina said...

Hooray! Blogs are a marvelous thing! Thanks for the heads up! I've been a bit lax on my own blog lately, but maybe now we'll know a bit more about what's going on in each other's lives! I didn't even know you guys were expecting another kid until you had Sheridan! :) Both kidlins are adorable, by the way!

Enjoy your vacation and if you're ever in DC, let me know! I'd love to see you guys!

*natalie said...

Vigues!

Glad to hear that you have entered blogland! I noticed a comment you put on the woffinden's blog and had to come on over and check out the house of happiness. Do you mind if we put you on our side bar to better keep in touch? To see what we have been up to check us out at rexandnataliehansen.blogspot.com

We miss you dearly.

Rex, Natalie, and Kennedy

Mrs. Ordinary said...

Hi Vigues!

Ditto on the Hansen note--we noticed you through the Woffinden's blog as well. Your home truly looks happy! And again, same question: Do you mind if we put you on our side bar to better keep in touch? You are always welcome to check out all the Houston excitement at patandjen.blogspot.com.

Miss you,
Pat and Jen Hunt

Keith and Nicci said...

OK, so of course it's good that you found a house and all, but what about us?!? Hello - leaving us behind? Well, as long as we can still hang out and shop in Park City we'll be okay with this... :)

So happy about the new blog - cute kids and super fun vacation.

Jenni Elyse said...

Yay! Welcome to the world of blogs! It's fun, huh? I didn't think I'd have anything to say when I started mine, but it's not really that hard... (I guess Harry Potter helped with that, though.) We can keep in even more touch than we already do if that's possible.

PS - Now, I can stalk you on the net and not just in person. ;)