Wednesday, November 11, 2015

October, Obviously

This October was a little tricky. I was feeling like my uterus would explode at any moment to bring forth a child (haha, you silly, hopeful woman!), Halloween (and thus, awesomesauce Halloween costumes) was staring me down to see who would chicken out first, and those 5 kids of ours had piano, Cub Scouts, school, Activity Days, Pre-K, percussion, etc devouring time. It felt like a lot of "hurry up and wait!" moments. We didn't take pictures of most of them...until all the exciting stuff at the end of the month!
We began "ponderizing" scriptures this month, as advised by an LDS leader at General Conference the first weekend in October. We started out with Matthew 11:28-30 (which seemed appropriate since I was sure hoping to LABOR early in the month!).
Tyler accepted the invitation to "pitch" Rising Star Outreach to compete for a prize to help benefit their non-profit. We weren't sure whether or not I'd have the baby by then, since it was a few days prior to my due date, but fortunately (?) baby held off and he was able to win "Judge's Choice" for the day he pitched! He only had 4 minutes to "sell" his company, but he packed that 4 minutes full and knocked it out of the park. I'm so proud of this guy and grateful that we can be involved in the amazing work RSO does to lift the leprosy-affected in India.
Meanwhile, my belly got bigger and bigger. I walked into stores and peoples' eyebrows would climb (usually followed by an incredulous comment about how I was ready to pop--I WISH!), I waddled around the house and was exhausted by climbing the stairs, and we hesitated to commit to doing anything because I was dilated to 3+ and 80% effaced and "could go any time now!" Sigh.  
This is what I have to show for the first half of the month. Kid-selfies. At least they are cutie pies, right?
Tyler did take advantage of some free tickets to a BYU football game (thanks, Daniel!) and introduced Jack to the pure fabulousness that is live BYU football. I declined the opportunity to slowly waddle to the stadium (which is a bummer, because I love going to the games!) but the guys had a great time! 
Then this happened (see previous blog post for all the story or just for more pictures of these delectable cheeks). I'll admit it, he's my favorite event in October! 
The weather was gorgeous through the month, so kiddos got to enjoy the river trail with Grammy.
 Grammy also made homemade play dough with these 2 littles, and they have been enjoying HOURS of play with that dough.
Cole worked on perfecting his Hobbit impression. 
 Amelia worked on her baby-cuddling skills.
Sheridan and Henry would have worked on those skills more often, but darn school got in the way. 
Jack had his first percussion concert. He is such a talented musician! 
We did squeeze in a little jack o' lantern carving on Halloween.
Hooray for cute little jack o'lanterns! 
This year, the kids channeled their inner wizard and transfigured into Harry Potter characters!

Sheridan was brilliant as Hermione Granger 
Amelia was a purrfect Crookshanks 
Jack channeled Draco Malfoy with diabolical glee. 
Henry was magical as Harry Potter!

 Cole had a hoot as Hedwig the owl.

And Micah was The Boy Who Lived!
Hope you all had a wonderful Halloween!

0 comments: