Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sibling Love

We recently returned home from New Jersey (more to come on this) and have been going through a re-adjustment period. While in NJ, Sheridan was working on some "big girl" stuff--napping in a "big kid bed" and using the "potty" (btw, I kinda hate the word potty--probably because my dear mom still used that word when we were teenagers--mortifying! Remind me to change the phrase by the time my kids hit that age! I love you, mom!).

Well, Sheridan decided she was ready for a full-time big kid bed when we got home. We threatened her with the crib (which is still up in her room) if she left her bed even once. Well, the first night in a big kid bed we heard nothing...but when Tyler went to check on Jack and Sheridan that night (they share a room) he found two people in Jack's bed. Jack had his arm around his sister and she (along with her smelly yellow bear) was fast asleep at his side. It was adorable--especially since we never heard a peep from them!
Potty training has not officially begun, but we've been casually working on it for a few months. A few nights ago, Jack hollered from the bathroom, "I need help, Dad! Come wipe my bum!" Sheridan scrambled out of her chair, yelling, "I'm coming, brudder! I wipe your bum!"
Now that is sibling love!

9 comments:

Keith and Nicci said...

Awwww, how absolutely sweet and adorable! It makes me excited for Tanner to get a little older and gives me hope that Austin will be sweet and not just beat him up all the time :).

Melinda Ford said...

LOL!!! I would take Sheridan up on her offer! Goodness knows you've got enough poop to clean up during the day. I love that they slept together with Jack's arm around her. At my house, a more likely situation would be a foot on the head.

Tams Family said...

How sweet! We found Ryan once curled up by Matthew's head. I love those moments!

Courtney said...

So glad to see you stalking us. So is the other Tyler and Ali by chance the Jones's (that's my sister). Anyways, looks like you have three kiddos now too. How old are yours? Where are you guys living?
Rich just graduated from law school, is taking the bar next week and we are hoping and praying that he finds a job soon. We are up on Ogden living with his parents...

Jenni Elyse said...

I love the story about them in the bed. I think that's so cute!

I still laugh when I hear the bum story.

dani and fam said...

cute cute cute! we've had those moments and actually captured them on camera. and yay for toilet training!

Natalie said...

Ali--How I miss your humor and excitement with life. I love this story--reminds me of my boys and the "love" they have for each other too. Miss you guys!

Nuestro Familia said...

That is really cute!! I hope my children love each other as much. We do have a few years to find out!!!

Jill said...

Too funny!!!:0) The things they'll do for each other! It's days like those that make having more kiddos worth every sacrifice!