Friday, October 31, 2008

Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!

Happy Halloween! Thought we'd bring you up-to-speed on our Halloween fun thus far (we still have tonight to go!)

October 17th we met up with a bunch of Jack's buddies at Gardner Village. They do a witch-theme every October and had fun witchy things all over the shopping village. The kids' favorite part? Going to McDonald's playland afterwards. The didn't want to leave McD's! I spent the week before working frantically on Jack and Sheridan's costumes, but didn't get all of Jack's details finished in time (probably because I decided to use a different material the day before and started over on Thursday!).

On Monday the 27th, we went to the Halloween Party at the Bean Museum on BYU campus. The kids LOVE all the animals there and had a great time dressing up. I worked on Jack's costume during the day, since I hadn't touched it except to move it since the 17th! Still wasn't 100% finished, but people knew what he was! As a note, Sheridan's costume was WAY easier. I don't know why the boy wanted to be the Tin Man, but who REALLY understands the mind of a nearly-four-year-old?

Wednesday the 29th we had a cousin party up in Sandy. Unfortunately, the AF cousins couldn't come, but we had SO MUCH FUN with those who were there. I think it may have to become an annual event. I don't have a pict of all the cousins together in their costumes, but they looked ADORABLE! Tyler's Grampa Larry and Gramma Diane were able to come and they had the funkiest masks--they are so much fun! Gramma Di made an eyeball cake that had strawberry puree injected into the white cake...eeewwww! It was a ton of fun for everybody!


Last night we carved pumpkins (or, in Sheridan's case, colored them). The kids had so much fun.
Tonight we're planning on trick-or-treating and other Halloween fun! We'll update you...soon!

6 comments:

Jenni Elyse said...

They look SO cute in their costumes! You did an awesome job! Thanks for letting us crash your house for a second, so we could see them in person. The pumpkins look great too!

Unknown said...

awesome pumpkins! Next time you're pumpkin carving for uh I mean with, us.

vanessa said...

#1-CUTE costumes! You're amazing!! And were you and Tyler the scarecrow and lion? #2- Congrats TYLER!!!!!! I'm so glad he's done. Finally. #3- I LOOOOVE the door. It's my favorite color too. Good work. You guys never cease to amaze and inspire me. #4- Good luck with your last weeks of pregnancy! Hang in there!

Camille Picott said...

Great costumes, I am impressed with your sewing skills!

Tams Family said...

Awesome pumpkins! The costumes turned out great. Congrats on Graduation Tyler!

Deon said...

So Cute--I love the tin man and Dorothy is adorable. Good for you!