Sunday, December 22, 2013

Splashtastic Halloween


It is my tradition. I spend months prior to Halloween, trying to pin the kids down on what they want to dress up as for Halloween. They settle on 3 different costumes each before I can trick them into agreeing on a family theme. I am not sure how much longer I can be so tricky, but I'll take it for this year!
The theme: Ocean Creatures.
 Amelia wanted to be a Pink Octopus. Had to be one, in fact. Unfortunately, she does not hold still for pictures. We'll take it. 
  Henry also does not hold still for pictures, but he  was an Orca Whale. He actually kicked off this theme by choosing and sticking with an idea. Thank goodness! 


Sheridan is currently in LOVE with turtles. She HAD to be a turtle.
With a tutu. 

Jack actually had the hardest time deciding on which creature he should be. We went back and forth on a lot of ideas. We finally settled on a Manta Ray. His was actually one of the hardest to figure out...but it looked SO COOL in real life!

 Cole got no choice. We had a Clownfish costume, and I added these cartoonish eyes so he could fit in. Unfortunately, he had to ride in the carrier the whole time, so his costume was on backward! The indignity!
And then I had a few extra hours the day before Halloween. Every Nemo needs a Dory, right?
So I made a little Dory hat. People may have laughed out loud when they saw me. Perhaps it was due to the slightly-crazed grin on my face.
Tyler was a good sport and wore a hoodie-turned-shark. 
 He was fierce.




 Happy belated Halloween from the Ocean-Vigue Family!!


3 comments:

Courtney said...

AWESOME!!!! I love the family theme.

David and Melanie said...

You always have the best halloween costumes. You rock!

Unknown said...

I love your Manta costume. Is it possible for you to make one for me. I'll pay.