Saturday, December 29, 2012

Can't Wait Until I'm Eight...

How has Jack turned 8 already?!?
In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, a person has to be eight years old before they are baptized. That way, kids have the chance to learn about the Gospel of Christ before they make covenants with God. They get to choose. We were so please when Jack chose to follow Christ's example and be baptized on December 29th. He asked his dad to baptize him, which was a really special experience for them both.
 All in white and ready to go!
It's so crazy to see how much this little guy has grown up! He's such a good example to us of being willing to share, to admit his mistakes, and to try his best.
(Guess who didn't want to be in the family picture?)
After he was baptized, Jack talked about how much he wants to follow Jesus' example. Man, isn't that what we should all really want to do? Congratulations, Axel Jack, we are so proud of your decision to follow Jesus' example! We all just need to remember to follow His example every day.
We were especially blessed to have our parents able to attend and witness Jack's baptism. My Dad and Carla (his lovely wife) came out and spent the weekend with us. I was really excited to get to know Carla better, and we all fell in love with her. Once again, Amelia thought Carla came just as her friend, and spent much of the weekend in Carla's lap! Tyler's Mom and Dad also came out, which was wonderful and a little more spread-out fun (they were in SLC for 2 weeks), but due to my not taking pictures of anything...I have no pictures to share! (Anyone else take baptism picts? I was waddling around like a crazy penguin and didn't get any further into picture taking than "Hmmm, I should find my camera so I can take pictures of this..." before I got distracted by something and completely forgot...).

2 comments:

Jenni Elyse said...

It's so hard to believe he's baptized. I can remember him as a baby like it were yesterday and as that little toddler that I finally bonded with. I'm so glad he and I bonded and that I have such a wonderful relationship with him now.

And, I'm so proud of him for choosing to be baptized and that we could be a part of it. Love seeing these kids of yours grow up.

Hannah said...

It's so surreal having kids old enough to be baptized. It's so neat, though. I know that Mags understood much better what she was doing when she was baptized than I did. It sounds like Jack did, too. Well done, Jack!