Friday, March 16, 2012

Super Mermaid Sheridan Turns 5

You are cordially invited to enjoy Sheridan's birthday!
Message in a bottle invitations for the Saturday party.
As usual, on Sheridan's birthday morning, she woke up to a pile of fantastic fun! Spoiled ROTTEN :)
Friday night, we had my brother's family and UncleCoreyAuntJenni over for dinner (the usual birthday fare--pizza) and cake. Sheridan loved being the center-of-attention while everyone sang to her!
Our own Little Mermaid, ready to PAR-TAY! My friend works for the company http://blog.playfullyeverafter.com/, and this party is featured in their blog...so it's a little more involved usual.
We made bracelets and crowns while the girls were arriving. It was a great craft to keep everyone involved before the group games started.
"You look gorgeous!" "No, Darling, you look divine! I love your hand-beaded bracelet!"
A rousing game of "Don't Eat Flounder"! (you can download the board at http://blog.playfullyeverafter.com/)
Because mermaids often find themselves without a voice, we practiced Charades.
I was impressed by some of the girls' acting abilities--and equally impressed with how quickly the other girls guessed the right answer. These kiddos knew their Little Mermaid stuff!
Playing "Pin the Kiss on Prince Eric". A must-do to wrap-up any Ariel party!
I had so much fun making this! All you need is a big ol' piece of cardboard, craft paints, an overhead projector, and a picture to trace. Beam that picture onto your cardboard via the projector and trace it. Then get your paint on! It was great to pull out my craft paints and get to work.
Look! Sebastian even made it into the picture!The tablescape. I don't normally DO tablescapes, but sometimes....
Snacks were goldfish, starfish cookie-pops, "sea" vegetables, blue jello fish cups, sushi sandwiches, gummi fish skewers, and sea foam punch. Oh, and cake, of course!
This cake was a LOT of fun to make! Combo of fondant and buttercream. I did get my inspiration from pintrest and my figures from the disney store.
Just so you know, I don't normally do over-the-top parties. For me, this was over-the-top---WAY over! Tablescapes? Lots of snacks? Dude, the kids usually get a cake and something to drink. But...= success! It took a LOT of prep but it was so much fun!
Fav color: Pink
Fav food: Pizza
Fav animal: kittens and puppies
Fav place to go: restaurants (especially with Daddy) and the beach!
BFF: Yellow Bear
Fav things to do: Play at Clair's, Dance, Play Computer, Put on "Shows", Go to School, Have Family Home Evening, Play House, Go to Church Parties, and Open Presents (this is the list, straight from her mouth).

Sheridan is starting to read pretty well. It's so fun to watch the progress as she went 4 months ago from recognizing the word "Big" on her sister's PJ's to reading from the scriptures with liberal help! I honestly can't believe my little girl has turned 5!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

What an unbelievably fun party!
Tell me more about your support belt. I have the simple band one, it doesn't seem to help much and it hurts. I wear it about half the day.

Tams Family said...

Will you throw me a mermaid party?