Sunday, January 11, 2009

Christmas fun

We did some fun stuff around Christmas. We decorated "candy houses" as is a Vigue family tradition. We also acted out the nativity...we had to use Henry as our baby Jesus since he's at the right age...and Jack insisted on being a shepherd, so that's what Sheridan insisted on as well. Then we decorated sugar cookies ( I think the pictures speak pretty much for themselves (except the Sheridan candy houses one should all have the caption "mmmm, pri-ee goot frossing, mommy" which translates to "Mmmm, Pretty good frosting, Mommy"; she said it a lot, even though I kept saying "Ewww, don't eat the frosting it has raw eggs in it!!!" I guess she also said that for frosting thesugar cookies, to which I replied "You're right, now do you want to put some of that frosting ON the cookie?")

Who got all the good costume stuff?


7 comments:

Paul and Rebecca Jones said...

Looks like fun.

Jenni Elyse said...

I love the pictures! I love that you can have a Joseph, Mary, and baby Jesus for Christmas now. How cute! Do witches still adorn Jack's candy houses?

Unknown said...

I love the picture of Jack as a Shepard. He seems very into his part.

Melinda Ford said...

Cute pics Ali! J.J. asked if one of those was Ryan with his cousing Lily! If I think about it, Ryan does look a little like Jack. I'm glad you've recovered so well and that you're able to do so many fun things with your kids. We loved seeing it all. (And Ryan kept saying, "Go up Mommy) so he could see Jack decorated the candy house some more.)

carolyn said...

looks like having three kids is treating you pretty good. except for the part where it might have affected your vision/judgment with the whole iron thing. so far with my new set of three, i have only managed to feel pulled together for maybe three days since archer was born. and i think i have sent ronan to sleep with my mom and dad about 2/3s of the nights since then. so how do YOU do it?

Camille Picott said...

Love the Nativity costumes! Too cute!

Hannah said...

You are such a super fun mom. I love your family. I also love your apron. I have great aprons. I just never remember to wear them.