Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Oh Boy, OH HENRY!!


Born on November 25th, 8 lbs 15 ounces--Henry has arrived! Ali is pretty much the toughest person ever, delivering her third consecutive "all-natural" birth (un-medicated, aka no epideral). She did an amazing job, and while birth beat up her body a little bit she is recovering fantastically and just taking advantage of the full-time medical professionals and the serenity of a private room in the hospital for a second night. We love her so much!

[Can you believe that woman just gave birth like 2 hours prior to this photo?!]



You can tell from the pictures that this is one of the three absolute best looking newborns ever. He has a nice head of hair (as did his siblings) that has some curl when it is wet, but dry, lays down flat and straight. He has some nice sideburns that don't show up as well in pictures, and he opens his big eyes often that already have a very visible blue tint to them. He was born with a true knot in his cord, andwhile that would have been a serious concern had we known about it prior to birth, it turns out the kid still gained wait at a very high rate. (Ali was 39 weeks the day he was born weighing 8 15. He was so big for his gestational age that they had to track his blood sugar for the first 24 hours.)

The kids got to meet him this morning at the hospital and they couldn't wait they were so excited. They really love him a ton and shower him with affection. They were also stoked about hanging out in the hospital room and watching movies (about the only way we could realistically stay there for more than about 9 minutes at a time). Both Jack and Sheridan talk about how cute Henry is and how much they love him. They both want to hold him and give him hugs and kisses.

We will have much to be grateful for when they come home on Thanksgiving day. Ali and I have officially joined the ranks of "outnumbered parents." Wish us luck!



PS- Upon review of the last post on this blog, it appears that Corey is our winner with an exact guess of November 25th. Congratulations Corey--your prize is that you got to spend 8 hours with our two older kids on Henry's birthday!!

21 comments:

The Jeffs Family said...

Congrats!!!! I am thrilled for your family! Henry is beautiful--Ali I hope you continue to have a wonderful recovery. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Mrs. Ordinary said...

What a handsome little boy@ Congratulations and happy Thanksgiving. Ali--3 unmedicated deliveries? What a woman!

Kate said...

congrats on Henry, he looks pretty adorable!

Cakegirl Lorilou said...

What a cutie! Congratulations on having such a cute little guy...but then again who is surprised at that. Hope all is well. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Christina said...

Yay!! Congratulations on your new arrival!! He's beautiful! Ali, I hope that you recover quickly. You really are an amazing woman! When I grow up, can I be like you? :) Congrats to the whole family!

Eddie and Amber said...

That is so exciting...and wow he was huge. Good luck adjusting to 3 instead of 2. What a cutie!!

Jenni Elyse said...

Congratulations, Ali and Tyler! I'm so happy for you and he's so cute. I'm so glad that Corey enjoyed his prize for winning. ;)

Tams Family said...

Congrats! I can't believe how big he was at only 39 weeks! Glad everything went well. Can't wait to see him!

Christina said...

Oh, my cute little Henry. I wish I could hold him, give him a big kiss for me. I agree, you are amazing Ali, great job! I love you lots and can't wait to meet Henry in person.

Your pal for life (ain't getting rid of me)
Christina

Hannah said...

Yay! Congratulations. We are so happy for you. Ali, you are not wearing make-up two hours after delivery are you? I'm sure you made the Thanksgiving feast today as well. You are Wonder Woman and my hero.

Deon said...

He is darling and we can't wait to meet him in person! I am glad you are doing well. Hopefully you got a little turkey and a lot of peace and quiet this day! Love ya,
Deon & Gang

vanessa said...

CONGRATS!!! So glad he came early and that everyone's doing well. Big babies are awesome! I'm so happy for you guys and we can't wait to meet him someday (hopefully before he reaches adulthood). :) Love you guys!

Ali said...

TYLER!!!!! Yay! I didn't know you had a family blog. Your family is gorgeous. Congrats on the new addition. Our family also has a blog at aaronalita.blogspot.com

Can't wait to keep up on the vigues a bit more. ;)

Keith and Nicci said...

Haha! I hadn't checked your blog for a few days, and that's what I get - a total surprise!

Great job - he's beautiful, and I'm so proud of you Ali - pushing those big babies out naturally is not easy, I recently found out! Man, good thing you didn't go overdue this time. We're so glad he's here safe and that everything went well!

Good luck with adjusting and figuring everything out - we're thinking of you guys:)

carolyn said...

welcome to the little big man! that was ronan's size born at week 39's day too! i thought that was big until my sister's boy with 10 lbs 7 oz at 39 weeks. yikes. LOVE the natural birth!

Nuestro Familia said...

Congrats!!! Good luck on the zone defense. Let me know how that goes!! I can't imagine even having two if they are both like my little monster!!! (I think she's already PMSing) Hope you have a great recovery.

Camille Picott said...

Congrats on the newest member of the Vigue family! I love the pictures of the big bro and big sis clustered around him -- you can see how much they adore Baby Henry!

kristi r said...

Congrats! What a fun thing to be thankful for on Thanksgiving! What a cute baby!

Annie Hatch said...

Cute Cute lil' boy guys! Go Ali, you amaze me!!!!! Congratulations to all of you. :)

Dan and Leslie said...

Congratulations!!!! We're so excited for you!

Love and miss you lots,
leslie

Guatemalamama said...

Congratulations. He is adorable and I love the name Henry. You look fabulous. Good luck with your recovery and with the whole "outnumbered" thing. Having three is more difficult than you can imagine but that just means all that more blessings!