Wednesday, November 5, 2008

How did it come to this!?!

How is it possible that my little man is 4 years old already?!? Seriously, there have been some long, tough stages, but I cannot believe he's 4. It is very surreal.
This was a pretty fun day, hopefully leading up to a fairly fun next few days. Jack came into our room at 5 am, asking if he could open presents. What do you think this is, kid, Christmas? He fell asleep on Tyler for the next few hours. They woke me up at 7:40 and Jack declared that "Heavenly Father gave me a special present today: Snow!" Yup, a few inches on the ground is all it takes to make the kid happy. We finally let him open the gifts from his grandparents and one from us. He was in heaven. A Little Einsteins movie, Little Einsteins action figures, cooking gear, a "flippin' frogs" game, and a Little Einsteins Rocket kept him happily entertained all day long. He even helped me make his cake for tonight, Curious George (it looks a little rough because it is...I guess that's what happens when you wait until 4:30 pm to start decorating it!). He adored his cake, as did Sister, which is all that matters--well, that and it tasted delicious!
Thanks to the friends and family who called to wish Jack a Happy Birthday!
"Sister, don't even think about blowing out my candles!"
Oooo, on a side note, here's a cute recent story about Jack. In Primary (the kids' class at church) this last Sunday, they were making paper bag puppets and writing on the back 3 reasons they were thankful to be them. Jack's reasons:
1. I love my family
2. I mow the lawn with my Dad
3. I share with Sheridan.
My little heart almost burst with joy that those are the things he's thankful for in his life (sure, it may have actually burst if he said "I have the best mom in the world who takes care of me better than anyone", but I'd rather not need heart surgery anyway, so it's cool). We are so lucky to have this kid!

9 comments:

Jenni Elyse said...

I'm so glad Jack had a good birthday. He looks so cute in the top picture and the cake looks great! I can't wait to come over tomorrow and spend the evening with him as a celebration for his birthday.

I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to call him today.

The Battisti Family said...

Wow, 4! Won't he be in Kindergarten soon?? I bet that is surreal. Lexi just cut her two bottom teeth and started really crawling...that is surreal...wait til she starts talking I guess...and turns 4!! Congrats on a cute and thankful little boy:)

Hannah said...

The cake looks rough? It looks amazing. I will never show my kids your blog. I can't live up to that! Good job, Bird, and Happy Birthday to Jack.

Me said...

That cake is SO COOL! What the freak is rough about it...it looks perfect!

Annie Hatch said...

Happy Birthday lil' buddy! I can't believe he is 4 either!! I swear he just barely curled up in my arms and I could rock him to sleep. :) Aaahhh, it goes by so fast! Just so ya know if you call that cake a little rough...I would love to see one that was 'not rough' cause Curious George looks pretty awesome to me.

Jill said...

Love the cake! You are seriously Martha Stewart in the making! Awesome job! I can't believe your little guy is 4! We'll have to have him and Emma hang out when they get to BYU (in like 14 years!!!)

carolyn said...

hey, awesome cake. way to go momma. so how is baby boy treating you? it is amazing how quickly this third baby has grown, isn't it. time flies when there is SOOO much to do!

Rebecca said...

Cute cake! you did a very good job! I hope Jack had a good one!

Melinda Ford said...

I LOVE that pic of Jack. That is so typically him (the first one...which other one could I possibly be talking about?). You have such a cute little family! And you really did do a great job on that cake!