Sunday, October 19, 2008

I'm IT, twice!

TAG 1: 6 Weird Things

So, list 6 weird things about yourself and tag 6 others.


1. I can touch my elbows behind my back.  It has become more difficult in recent years, but I can still pull it off. 

2. I had never really watched musicals before I married Tyler. His family is WAY into musicals (once, while listening to a best of broadway CD with his 2 sisters, his little sister was SHOCKED that I only knew 2 of the songs. "No, tell me you know this one, you've got to know this one!). I had only sat through Mary Poppins, The King and I, and Wizard of Oz before marrying T. I didn't enjoy them AT ALL, but now my favorite has got to be Thoroughly Modern Millie. 

3. While I enjoy cooking, I get kinda stressed about it. I don't know why. I get stressed about what to cook, how much to cook, and if it will even taste decent (even with dishes I make often, it takes years to feel confident in consistent results). I haven't really made any terrible meals, but the stress persists. I get bored with food easily, too, so what I make now is not what I was generally making 2 years ago. However, I LOVE cooking thanksgiving dinner. I love eating it even more.

4. I am a reading addict. I can't let myself read too often anymore because I neglect both husband and children. Seriously, I get sucked into the imaginary world and cannot extract myself...so I really have to limit my intake.

5.  Whenever Tyler goes out of town for any extended time (beyond 36 hours) I try to tackle a home improvement project. For some reason, I find it easier to tackle the painting jobs, the sheetrocking, the random stuff while he's gone and the kids are in bed. This doesn't really help my need for sleep, but it keeps me from getting too lonely while he's gone. Plus, our house needs so much work...

6. I am extremely clumsy. I trip over my own feet, hit my limbs and hips on doors and corners, and generally do something injury when I try to participate in sports. I have been this way since childhood (my parents were worried about it, although they never told me so...I could just tell in the significant looks they shared whenever I knocked myself over by running into a doorframe). Whenever one of our kids walks into a door or wall corner, Tyler just looks at me and acknowledges that the kids get it from my side (as opposed to their good looks and passion for drama and music, which seems to come more strongly from the Vigue!).



TAG 2: All about Me!

I am-30. Finally, something that lends me maturity!

I want-chocolate. All of the time. 

I have-a belly with more wiggles and jiggles than Santa Claus

I wish-I was a little bit taller. I wish I was a baller.

I hate-spiders and raw onions. Let's be honest, here.

I fear- the death of a loved one. Seriously, very paranoid about it!

I hear-that Jack has just turned on the TV. Again. Excuse me as I lay down the law...

I search-for my keys. Often. Why don't they ever stay where I've put them?

I wonder-how long it will be until I get a good night's sleep. I doubt it'll happen anytime in the next 7 months!

I always-underestimate how long home improvement projects will take. 

I usually-am late. I try, but, as with home improvement projects, usually underestimate how long it takes to get me and 2 kids out the door. I'm sure this will just get worse!

I am not-very patient...with my kids, my spouse, and especially myself.

I dance-but not often enough. Can't wait until the kids are into something other than "Itsy bitsy spider", it doesn't have the best beat!

I sing-all the time. Marrying a Vigue has only reinforced that!

I never-enjoy doing the dishes. Or mopping. 

I rarely-do the dishes (thanks to the most fabulous husband in the world!)

I cry-far too easily. Always have. Pregnancy just makes it worse!

I am not always-careful about how I say things. I think I offend people easily because my edit button doesn't work appropriately and I forget to make sure that what I say is what I really mean.

I lose-track of days very easily.

I am confused-by why my son thinks that it is effective to whine. 

I need-a good massage. 

I should-be better at keeping in touch with friends.

I dream-very vividly. 


I tag Jenni. I would tag more people, but I know how bad I am at doing tags, soooo....if you're reading this, "Just do it"!

3 comments:

vanessa said...

Love the tags! Thanks for the reminder of how cool you are! You wouldn't be the same without your quirks. I miss ya!

Keith and Nicci said...

Very informative - I learned some interesting things about you:) Makes me love you even more! Hopefully your belly doesn't go on wiggling as long as mine is this pregnancy (as in the baby comes out earlier than later)... patience, patience, patience.

Jenni Elyse said...

Yay, another tag! Woo hoo!

So, I know you know this and I know knowing is different than feeling. And, having tasted your cooking many a time, I want you to know you're an awesome cook! :)