Saturday, September 6, 2008

Missing: Daddy

Well, this is not an update of our Jersey trip, those pictures are on my handsome husband's computer which is with him in Seattle for the moment. He got to attend the BYU/UW game while I got to listen to it on my radio. I get to hang out with the kids and wake up with them at 6:30, he gets to sleep in until he feels like getting up (I can't REALLY complain since he gets up with the kids every morning that he's at home and I get to sleep in until he has to go to work). He gets to shmooze and eat at restaurants and drive a nice rental car and I get to make my kids Mac and Cheese or Dino Nuggets (don't worry, they're not really dino, they're chicken) and try to eat leftovers myself. I don't like leftovers. 

Really, though, what stinks the most is that WE MISS TYLER!!! Jack was nearly in tears tonight while he was talking to Daddy. He refused to relinquish the phone, even when Tyler had to go shmooze at the restaurant. Sheridan has been calling for Daddy when it's time to go to bed...not because I don't always put her to bed (more often than not, I do) but because she still hopes for Daddy to rescue her from bedtime. And I just miss talking to my husband and laughing about the various crazy things the kids did in the course of the day, or laughing at the way Henry is trying to elbow his way out of my belly, or laughing at Tyler (he's a pretty funny guy). Fortunately, he doesn't go out of town tooooo often, and he'll be home in hours. And I'll get to sleep in again!

3 comments:

vanessa said...

Yuck I hope he's back home with you now. Merrick will get to do that some day in the next year or two, which I don't especially look forward to!

The Jeffs Family said...

Can you believe the game? Crazy! Hope Tyler makes it back soon. It's not the same without Daddy around!

Aimee said...

I'm so glad that I found your blog. I miss you guys and your cute kids. I remember that you sat and talked with Dustin and I when we were brand new and I thought "she's so nice". Hope you guys are doing well.

Aimee P.
dustinandaimee.blogspot.com
(our blog is privatized but if you reply to this comment with your email address I can send you an invite!)