Sunday, September 21, 2008

It is SO huge


And still almost 3 months to go...And yes, that is my real belly.

On a completely different note, my children and I survived church today. Why might we not have? Because Tyler wasn't with us. He was sitting by the Bishop since he's just been called as the 2nd counselor to said Bishop (which Bishop is actually only 2 years older than me and was from Kent before he came out here for school...weird). For those of you who don't know, the Bishop of an LDS ward is "the father of the ward" and is responsible for the welfare of the people within the ward and making sure that things are all well. Tyler's been asked to be his no2 man--it mostly involves sitting up front and looking serious and handsome (in Tyler's case), attending a bazillion meetings through the week, esp on Sunday, and stress :) Nah, he gets to work closely with a lot of people at church, something he really thrives on. I, however, get to try to keep 2 crazy munchkins under control. Sheridan noticed Daddy up front at one point and amazedly proclaimed "Daddy!" To my utter delight, she then went back to feeding her bear the gooey remainders of her string cheese. Jack just wanted to "Go see Daddy and help him out with his work." That was very cute, but he was a tad difficult to contain during the last 10 or so minutes of church.
In brighter news, Sheridan actually went to nursery today...as with every other time we parents aren't with her, she screamed bloody murder. This time, however, she decided to go to sleep rather than deal with reality. I felt like a crummy mom...but the kid has to learn to go sometime and I am running around doing my calling during the rest of church, so we've come to an impass. Any suggestions?

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude! You only have 3 months left? That went fast. well for me at least.

The Battisti Family said...

Ali, glad I found your blog! Can't believe you're pregnant again!! I had to go through a few more posts to make sure you were kidding. I guess it has been a while, but doesn't seem like it. We have a little girl now, Alexis and she's almost 6 months. Loving the motherhood life. Hopefully I'll still say that after another or two. Anyway, hope all is well for you and your fam! You're kids are so big and so cute!

Tyler V said...

Beth--
Oh, if only it would go by fast for me, too. But, you know, the last 3 months are always the grooviest.

Cakegirl Lorilou said...

Bird, I can't believe your belly is really that big...you must be doing some kind of trick photography. Congrats to Tyler on his new calling. We just found out our bishop works with Tyler @ BYU...Jim Crawley. Anyway, it sounds like things are as crazy as ever. We would love to get together with you soon!

Christian and Jennifer said...

Sister, I hear you. I had my three alone at Church yesterday and I almost went less active before Sacrament meeting was over. Your belly is humongously CUTE, so at least you have that going for you! I remember you were a very cute pregnant lady. That's important, you know. Cute pregnant ladies make cute babies.

Daniel said...

Hey Sis - Just have Jason take her to nursery. After Wyatt screaming and crying we had Jason do it. As he said to us, "I am not emotional connected so I can just drop him off."

Jenni Elyse said...

Um...of course, you're going to look huge if you take a picture from that angle. I just have to say that when people see you in real life, you're not huge at all.

Also, too bad we're not in the same ward still because I'd love to sit with you guys and help out with the kids.

Keith and Nicci said...

So, I so love to see other people's big bellies - I think it's about time for me to post another of mine so stay and I will make you feel like yours is nothing, or at least normal.

Oh, and while I wish I could say congrats about Tyler's new calling, I'll be honest and say good luck! J/K :) He will be awesome (as he always is), and somehow Heavenly Father will bless you to be able to survive sacrament meeting by yourself. But man, that's hard. Wish we could be there to help!

Annie Hatch said...

Wow, that is pretty much the coolest preggy picture I have ever seen. Give Tyler our condolences :0 ha ha! You knew it was coming sooner or later right??

Eddie and Amber said...

Wow, that just means you have a big healthy baby in there....right?

Tams Family said...

Love it! What else can you say?

Hannah said...

So, yeah. It looks like the belly picture takes the cake. I have a lot of sarcastic comments to make on the other comments, but as sarcasm is not always nice I'll just say ... nice belly.

I'd also like tips for surviving two kiddos with dad in the bishopric. (Can you believe that some handle six or more kids?! They are saints, for sure.) I felt so defeated on Sunday when my mode of survival was to leave church early and go home. At least I'm not my friend, Marcie, who has twin one-year olds and one three-month old with hubbie in the bishopric.

Christina said...

Welcome to my world Sister! And I mean this in more cases then just your very large belly, you know how huge I get, so we will just leave it at that (it is so cute though). Also, congrats to Tyler on his new adventure (and yours). Thankfully we have some friends we usually sit by that help me with the kids. Matt has only been to church with us twice since the end of JULY! And there is really no end in sight, we just have to deal. The life of a pilots wife. Love you, and I can't wait to meet Henry!

Jill said...

Ali,
You are the cutest prego person ever!!!! And your kiddos are too cute!
I'm so bad at this blog thing, but now that we are getting high-speed internet...2 days and counting, I'll be checking in more frequently! Congrats on #3! It's an adventure with 3! And the whole bishopric thing...that's a whole other adventure!!! Mark's been Bishop almost 2 years now...yes that makes me the bishop's wife (mother of the ward!) Freaky-huh! Somehow we survive every Sunday and we even come back each week! (Sometimes unwillingly! ha-ha!)
You guys are awesome!!! I am so happy for you and all you've accomplished! ROCK On Girl!!! And Keep Smilin'
Love, Kelli's lil' sis, Jill

carolyn said...

i guess if i am going to say hi from one preggo to another, i guess it would be appropriate to respond to this photo. i am way more camera shy than some, so you won't see one like that of me. from what i can tell, i don't think i am much further behind you. so you said something about my being even-keeled, but you haven't seen me with kids, or even a husband for that matter. as my son quotes, from the incredible hulk "you wouldn't like me when i am angry" ok maybe it isn't that bad, and tired is more the word i would use, but it is about the same feeling. so for the sake of everone's sanity and well-being i am stopping at three kids.