Thursday, July 24, 2008

Stop! Family Time!

If you don't have "Hammer Time" in your head right now, you are not from my generation!

So, we've had some fun family time recently. My mom and dad drove out in their HUGE motor home and visited us on the was to Des Moines, Iowa (this is necessary due to my mom's wheelchair, which is a behemoth--the motor home and driving to IA, not visiting us--they'd be welcome to visit us regardless). They are actually going to drive their 40 ft long vehicle down to Philly, but I think navigating that baby through the actual streets on Philly would be insanity. Hmm.
Anywho, the kids loved seeing their "Granddude" and "Mahnah" once again, although Sheridan was not too sure of the motor home. We were glad that the parents finally got to see our home, even if we coudn't really host them in it!

We also got to take our little family up to the Bean Museum for a Monday night adventure. It's a free museum at BYU with lots of dead animals. They were doing a reptile show when we arrived. Since Jack is fascinated with snakes, he was in heaven. Sheridan just wanted to watch the show about fish and climb the stairs. Tyler just wanted the hippo to eat him! Isn't he handsome (my husband, not the hippo!)?


The kids also enjoyed a dip in the kiddie pool on a recent hot day (although, what day isn't hot here, recently?) after I made Tyler take down a clothesline that was buried 2+ feet deep. He deserved a break after that slave labor! The kids were ecstatic to have Daddy in their pool with them!

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Ah, Minnesota is wonderfully cool today. It's a great place to be for FinnFest. We are definitely NOT missing the Utah heat. I guess I'll just eat my Fazer chocolate and enjoy the cool breeze. :)

karajason said...

cute kids! looks like you had a fun summer!

The Jeffs Family said...

Parker use to loooove the Bean Museum and all of the dead animals. Did you see the dead 2 headed snake? Pretty awesome! Glad to see you had a nice visit with your parents. Hope you are feeling well being prego in the summer. Thinking of you!

Nuestro Familia said...

I seriously had Stop! Hammer time in my head. Gotta love it. It looks like your family has had a very eventful summer. What fun!!! I hope the pregnancy is going well! Its gotta be hard with two kids. Hope all is going well.