Saturday, June 28, 2008

When Widgets were the worst....

I was doing ok. So, not everyone understands widgets, that's understandable. I can make some fairly believable and persuasive arguments to support that.

I was very sad this week, thinking I'd been a little clever and would surely get some clever comments in return.

For days and days, nary a comment.

Can we be honest for a moment here? I, like many of my blogger friends, enjoy the comments. Sometimes we write blogs specifically because we know we'll get a good reaction in the comments section. I think my ego is regularly fertilized through comments appreciating my work (not to say that your comments are poo or anything like that, more like Miracle Grow). Like any artist, I appreciate knowing that people at least get a chuckle out of my work.

Hey, if nothing else, I figured that when Tyler wrote about me being 30, we'd get something.

Nothing.

It's really good that my wonderful friend Vanessa wrote me to tell me that I'd enabled comment moderation on my blog so that no comments would be published until I'd cleared them.
How embarrassing! It doesn't matter that I did it to save you all from the relentless (ok, 2) comments that were really advertisements for other people's "fertilizer" comments (no, they aren't Miracle Grow or even Miracle Whip comments, they're poop). I felt much better after she jogged my memory and I saw that 22 lovely comments from some lovely people awaited.

Thanks for helping this "geriatric" 30 year old continue to grow (ego-wise, not physically--baby #3 is taking plenty care of that!).

6 comments:

vanessa said...

Glad to be of service!

Jenni Elyse said...

I'm sorry, Ali! I thought you had enabled comment moderation on purpose. Otherwise, I would've said something. I'm glad Vanessa was there to save you. :)

PS - You know I love you, but I understand how you feel.

James! said...

Hi! How are you? We're doing great! Well, I hope you enjoyed this comment as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Anonymous said...

Ali, I'm so very sad that that I don't add comments. Your children are beautiful. You'er a great mother. I actually lost your blogspot; Ruth found it for me. Now I can look in more often.
MOM

Christina said...

Aw. Sad. That also sounds like something I'd do. I'm a bit of a comment-attention-seeker myself...that is, when I actually get around to blogging. :)

Thanks for popping in to comment on mine. I'll try to make it a more regular habit to read and comment on yours.

Btw, I adore your writing style. I feel like I'm just sitting around and listening to you talk. High praise, my friend!

The Vigue's Wild Ride said...

I'm like you, I love the comments but nobody seems to leave them. I've had a mere handful the entire time I've blogged. I don't have nearly the number of blogger friends that you do though. I do enjoy seeing that someone READ my blog and that it piqued enough interest that they would commment on it as well. So here's my two cents on your blog.