Thursday, November 8, 2007

Holy Cow, He's Three!?!

Well, you know you're a lazy blogger when the first time you read about your child's birthday is on another person's blog. Yes, I am a slow and lazy blogger.
So, Jack is now THREE! How did that happen? (Not literally, I understand that! But, come on, where has the last year gone?)
The boy got hooked up. He had 2 birthday parties, a plethora of cupcakes, a "Rocket" cake from Little Einsteins, more presents than he needed, and lots of playtime with friends and cousins. Saturday was a friend party, Sunday was the family party, and Monday was his actual birthday so he got his GeoTrax. The kid is spoiled. However, our guilt was somewhat assuaged when Tyler put him to bed Monday night (i.e., after all the fun had ended).
Tyler: Did you have a good birthday, Buddy?
Jack: It was a good birthday. Thank you for all of the wonderful presents. (Yes, he said "wonderful". That dang "June" from Little Einsteins is teaching him some new words. Had it been our phraseology he'd picked up, he would have thanked his Dad for either the "freakin' sweet" presents, the "totally rad" presents, or for a "bomb-diggity" party).
Did you notice how we got the indirect credit for the wonderful presents? He thanked everyone who gave him gifts, but some of their good gift choices gained us some props. Ah, the sign of a successful birthday!
It was great to finally have all our Utah family over to see the house. So good to spend time with some fabulous friends. Fun to see Jack so excited about having his beloved "people" over. He really has missed social interaction!
Sheridan also enjoyed the parties. Mostly, she enjoyed chasing the other kid her age, Mayes, and trying to eat him. Literally. She'd follow him EVERYWHERE and tackle him and try to gnaw on whatever part was closest to her mouth. It was hilarious. In the picture, she's stalking Mayes, not very subtly. In other news, Sheridan is now "the clapper". She clapped a lot for me tonight when I vacuumed. "Thank you, Mom, you're finally cleaning my floor! I won't be so dirty anymore! Except when I eat, since I only feed myself anymore. Oh, yay, clean floors!"
Also cleaned, this week, the air intakes. Man, I'm surprised the one downstairs didn't just spontaneously cough out a puppy! I will not be posting pictures of that venture.
We're going to St. George this weekend for my friend and former roommate Lori's wedding. Adventures abound!

5 comments:

Jenni Elyse said...

Jack's birthday party was so much fun! We enjoyed celebrating it with him. We love that kid!

I'm glad he had fun on Sunday and Monday as well. His GeoTrax look like so much fun! I can't wait to come over and play with him. ;)

Unknown said...

Great pictures! Awesome post!

*natalie said...

Ali you are funny! I crack up every time I read a new post. The phrasology bit...hilarious.

Happy Birthday Jack...hope it was a sweet one.

Tams Family said...

The birthday party was great. Matthew still talks about the Rocket cake - "I cannot believe it!" Have fun with the trains!

Keith and Nicci said...

Wow, he's growing up fast. I still remember he and Quinn being the babies of the ward when we first met you guys. Too much fun :)